Warranty and Return Policy
WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
1. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
Spray Control Systems, Inc. (“SCSI”) provides the following Warranty and Limitation of Remedies for the products identified below.
The specific SCSI products identified below will be free from defect in materials and workmanship for the specific periods stated for each product.
SCSI MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EXCEPT AS ARE SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT. SCSI MAKES NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Additionally, this
warranty is in lieu of all other obligations or liabilities on the parts supplied by SCSI.
IN NO EVENT WILL SCSI BE LIABLE FOR AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF ITS PRODUCTS FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT OR IN-DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE ALLEGED FAILURE OF SCSI’S PRODUCT.
SCSI will not be held monetarily or legally responsible, in whole or in part, for final product configurations which exceed structural limits, weight or length restrictions, which are not within accepted automotive manufacturing practices.
SCSI will not be responsible for damages or breakage caused by alterations or installation of the product.
All returned product for warranty claims are analyzed and the condition of the product is thoroughly documented. If any product is returned due to a manufacturing defect or product failure, a corrective action is assigned to the particular part, and a parts specialist will contact you as to how the warranty will be handled and inform you of all actions that will be taken. SCSI reserves the right, at its sole option, to satisfy its warranty obligations for products determined by SCSI to qualify by returning a repaired product, replacing the product, or refunding the purchase price.
The set warranties are not transferable beyond the original owner. Should any problems develop with the Minimizer™ fender, mounting hardware, mud flaps or toolboxes contact SCSI at the toll free service number- 800-248-3855. Keep a copy of the original invoice to claim & validate your warranty. SCSI neither assumes nor authorizes any person supposing to act on its behalf, to change, nor to assume for it, any warranty or liability concerning its products.
Due to the use of the highest quality products, best in technology, and the continued use of good workmanship, Spray Control Systems, Inc. is able to offer one of the best warranties in the truck & trailer industry. We continually push the boundaries and will stand 100% behind all products shipped through our doors under the following guidelines listed below.
Spray Control Systems, Inc. warranty is broken down into specific product type, please read and inform yourself of each specific products conditional warranty as they may apply. Any questions regarding wording or warranty please contact SCSI at 800-248-3855.
2. SPECIFIC PRODUCTS.
A. Standard Fender Products.
|A.1||SCSI warrants that, as long as the products remain on the original vehicle, and are owned by the original purchaser of the SCSI product, for the useful life of the Minimizer™ Fender (i) all polyethylene components will be free from defects in material and workmanship, including free from rust and corrosion; and (ii) the standard four set primary colors described in the catalogue, and on the web site, will be free from all color shifts.|
|A.2||SCSI warrants that paint film used on standard fender products will be free from defects in material and workmanship, subject to the exclusions below, for three (3) year after date of purchase.|
A.2.1 Warranty is void if the paint itself is defective.
A.2.2 Any specialty products or colors are not warranted for color shifts.
|A.2.3||Warranty for standard four-set primary colors includes peeling, chipping and fading. In no event will the warranty apply to films altered by outside forces. Contact with trailers, other debris or simple accidents void the warranty, and will be the sole responsibility of owner to repair at their cost.|
|A.3||SCSI warrants that, as long as the products remain on the original vehicle, and are owned by the original purchaser of the SCSI product, Minimizer™ Fender products will be free from stress cracks, dents and tears under normal operating conditions for the useful life of the product. If the condition is caused by non-normal operating conditions such as a motor vehicle accident, the warranty is inapplicable.|
|A.4||Minimizer™ molded tail light sections, provided with some fender products, are water resistant, but are not WATERPROOF. Attachment of the mud flaps, regardless of whether they are DOT regulated, directly to the bottom of the light box fender will void any and all applicable warranty. SCSI will not be held responsible for damages caused by mud flaps or mud flap installation.|
|A.5||Any Minimizer™ Fender product not mounted with Minimizer™ mounting hardware will void all warranties.|
B. Specialty Fender Products.
Specialty Fender Products have the same warranty and limitations as Standard Fender Products, except as noted in Section A.2.2 the warranty against color shifts does not apply to Specialty Fender Products.
C. Mud Flaps.
All Minimizer™ brand mud flaps are warranted for one (1) calendar year from date of purchase against breakage, curling and separation under normal operating conditions within the recommended service temperature of -40F to +150F.
D. Tool Box.
D.1 SCSI warrants that all of the polyethylene components will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase.
D.2 SCSI warrants the polyethylene will be free from rust and corrosion for the useful service of its life of the Minimizer™ Tool Box.
D.3 SCSI warrants all hardware and mechanical components to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase.
E. Mounting Hardware.
SCSI warrants all mounting hardware to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period of one (1) year from purchase.
Return to top
OUR FAMILY'S WARRANTY
Now that the legal guys have had their say, here's what we say:
We’re human, we know that sometimes, “THINGS” happen. With our extensive background in plastic materials and the trucking industry, we understand the physical properties of the materials we use and we know that our plastic just doesn't “break” or “crack” under normal use unless the unforeseeable happens. If so – we have probably done it ourselves, or have tested our material to the utmost extremes and have seen it before. Be sure to check out our videos at www.minimizer.com or www.youtube.com or ask a Minimizer sales rep. for one.
We've engineered our fenders & brackets to last longer than the life of your truck. We’re a family company, we do care about the products we produce on a daily basis.
So there is an inherent respect for you, our customer, who makes their living using the vehicles and equipment our products serve to protect. So don't tell us you were "driving along” when your bracket broke or bent back and your wheel is now rubbing the fender. We are drivers and were founded by a driver, too. We've been around the block a few times. If you dumped your truck into a monster pothole, dropped a trailer, got hit by a reckless vehicle operator or backed over your flap and pulled the fenders off we sympathize with you and will try to help you out, as we've done or seen all those things. We want you to keep running our products. So in the event of unlucky stuff happening, please refer to our Stuff Happens (SH) policy below.
We will offer to replace the part in question or sell replacement parts at a significant discount to our customers who forget that our products are not at all times “invincible”. We extend this to original owners only. If you bought it at an authorized Minimizer dealer, please see them for details. We will require a digital photo of the damage or the original part back. We promise to make it right for you. We do not want an “Accident” to leave a bad taste in your mouth regarding Minimizer Products. Always remember we have been in the trucking industry for 25 years and have seen it all. Nothing is unexpected with us.
MERCHANDISE RETURN POLICYSpray Control Systems, Inc. wants you to be happy with any purchase that you make from us; therefore we offer only high quality merchandise that we feel is superior in materials and craftsmanship. If you are unhappy with your purchase feel free to contact us and we will be happy to make it right.
We'd like to help you resolve a purchase problem as quickly and easily as possible provided you meet the terms and conditions listed below. Please note that NOT ALL items are covered by our RMA Policy. You may return your purchased products within 15 days of the invoice date. After 15 days, No merchandise can be returned unless defective or within the terms of the manufactures warranty. Anything returned without an RMA number on the outside of the package will be refused and sent back to the company.
MERCHANDISE RETURN POLICY
1. All merchandise returned will be subject to a 20% restocking charge. All sales are subject to approval before return. Our knowledge of your intent to return the merchandise will insure that you receive proper credit.
2. Please provide the following information when calling or e-mailing for an RMA number: Customer Name, Contact Name, Zip Code (Billing), Sales Order Number, SCSI Part# and Quantity, along with the nature of the problem. 3. New merchandise will be accepted for credit only with prior approval by an SCSI Product Specialist. Your Product Specialist will issue a RETURNED MATERIAL AUTHORIZATION (RMA) number which must appear on all returned cartons and corresponding packing list's). Merchandise must be received within 30 days of issuance of the RMA number otherwise, credit will not be issued. No merchandise can be returned after 15 days unless defective or within the terms of the manufactures warranty.
Please Note: No returns will be accepted if the manufacturer's RMA# sheet is missing or is not visible on any and all packages being returned.4. All purchased merchandise must be returned in "BRAND NEW" condition, if materials are returned in a “Less Than Brand New” condition You will be notified by an SCSI representative. A refurbishing fee may be required to restore the merchandise to a marketable condition. The fee for refurbishing will be presented to you to accept or reject, at which time the merchandise will either be reworked or returned to you. This fee is in addition to any restocking or handling fee of at least 10% which may be levied. Credit for returned merchandise will be issued at the original purchase price minus any fees listed above. Only merchandise purchased within the past fifteen (15) days may be returned. Special order merchandise can not be returned at any time.
5. If the returned packages are missing any of the manufacturers supplied accessories or there is obvious damage or visible wear and tear to the merchandise, Spray Control Systems, Inc. reserves the right to refuse the return.6. If you are trying to return/exchange an item that you've tried to install and the item has become damaged so that it is no longer in “BRAND NEW” condition, we will not be able to accept a return/exchange on that item. We can only allow returns/exchanges for new and unused parts that have not been installed and/or damaged.
7. All products are sold with their respective manufacturer's warranties. Please note that warranty periods and services vary depending on the product.8. The purchaser will be responsible for return shipping costs. When returning products, we strongly recommend the use of a carrier that can track packages. Spray Control Systems, Inc. does not reimburse any customers return shipping cost. Claims for delay, loss, or damage should be made against the freight carrier.
9. Spray Control Systems, Inc. will not accept any returns shipped freight COD or UPS COD. If you ship items to us, please insure the items to their full value and request proof of delivery. Items must be in a reasonable return package, to insure they are returned in a “BRAND NEW” condition. If not, damage may occur in the shipping process, which SCSI will not be held responsible, and may cause the product to be returned in a “NOT LIKE BRAND NEW” condition.
10. Returned goods privileges will apply only to customers currently purchasing Minimizer™ Products and whose accounts are in current condition. No cash settlement will be made, if you are inquiring about RMA # for merchandise that was purchased through one of Spray Control Systems, Inc. qualified dealers, and not directly from SCSI, please contact your point of purchase retailer, and notify them. They will be responsible for the return of merchandise.
11. The customer shall not deduct amounts for returned merchandise from payments to Spray Control Systems, Inc. When approved returned merchandise has been received, inspected, and processed, Spray Control Systems, Inc. will promptly issue credit to the customer account or Customers Credit Card. No deduction shall be made until the credit memo has been issued.
12. Customers returning merchandise which is not approved for credit or replacement will be notified in writing by a Spray Control Systems, Inc. Representative. Failure by the customer to respond within ten (10) days to such notice will be just cause for Spray Control Systems, Inc. to scrap or return the merchandise, freight collect, back to the customer.
13. Customers needing additional assistance regarding the Merchandise Return Policy should contact Spray Control Systems, Inc. and ask to speak to a representative.
REQUESTING AN RMA# You may choose to use our RMA form for requesting a product return online through our web site's RMA form:
Request an RMA Here
Anything returned without an RMA number on the outside of the package will be refused and sent back to the company.
After receiving your RMA Number, place your RMA# sheet in a clear visible spot and write your RMA number legibly on the return label and the outside of the box and return the entire package to:
Spray Control Systems, Inc.
500 Minimizer Way SE
Blooming Prairie, MN 55917